Monday, April 11, 2011

Lemon Bars




Nummm...
Num..Nummmm...
Very Tarty! ...

*Popeye's eye... very tarty because I used real Lemons instead of bottled lemon juice from concentrate..*

I had this recipe for many years. I used to make those for my girls YEARS ago...!!  

Okies... I'll hush and here is recipe that you asked for !!

LEMON BARS...


1 cup all-purpose flour


1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon confectioner's sugar


1/2 cup butter or margarine


4 large eggs


3/4 cup granulated sugar


1/2 cup thawed from lemon from concentrate....    ( I USED 2 LARGE LEMONS.)
==============================================
CRUST:
Mix flour and 1/3 cup powdered sugar in a medium-size bowl.  Cut in butter until mixture resembles small peas.  Mixture will be dry and crumbly.  Press in bottom of un-greased  9-inch square baking pan.  Bake in preheated 350 oven 15 minutes or until lightly golden.


LEMON TOPPING:


Meanwhile with electric mixer at high speed beat eggs in a medium-size bowl about 3 minutes until pale and thickened.  Gradually add granulated sugar and continue beating 1 minute longer or until mixture is thick.  Stir lemon juice.  Pour into hot crust;  bake 15 minute or until golden and pick inserted in center comes out clean.  Sprinkle with the remaining 1 tablespoon confectioner's sugar.  Cool in pan on rack.  Cut in 4 X 1 inch  bars.  Makes 16.

Enjoy!!! XoX


2 comments:

Ardizz said...

I sometimes buy that Lemon Bars at Starbucks. Why not I do the homemade with your recipe! I will try it after I finish my program at Helen Keller National Center for the Deaf & Blind should be next month then I will have time to do it! Thanks! xo

Lynn @ Painting Thyme Needfuls said...

Looks delish Deb.......glad I found you in blogland!!!
Hugs,
Lynn