Friday, March 11, 2011

Big Blues...

Big Blues....

I still have this recipe for so long. You can see stains on a magazine paper that I ripped from.  ( I do not remember which magazine.... maybe Country Living.  It has been years!! )

I'm glad that I still have it.  :)

Peeking in the oven.......
It can make up to 12 muffins... depends on size.  I use regular cupcake papers..  If you want jumbo - I'm sure it will cut to 8 muffins.  I do not have jumbo cupcake pan..  Regular size is just mighty fine for me. :)  I can freeze it for later.


Sugar on top... Don't you want to lick it off?  Very sugary ! MMmmm...

Will you like to have one?... Sure...


Blueberries are so JUICY!!!  Don't forget to grab a cup of coffee or a tall glass of Iced Tea...

Want my recipe?.. Sure, I'll be glad to share with you!!



BIG BLUES

2 cups of all-purpose flour
2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt

1/2 cup butter or margarine ( 1 stick.... softened)
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
1/3 cup milk
2 cup ( fresh or frozen blueberries )  ( I use fresh...)
Sugar for tops

Heat oven 450.  Grease the cups and top of a 12 cup muffin tin. ( I use cupcake papers - less messy.)

Combine flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl and set aside.

In a large bowl with mixer at medium speed, combine sugar and butter until very well blended. 

Add eggs and beat until smooth. 

Add flour mixture and milk, beating until well-blended.

Stir blueberries.

Spoon into prepared cups.

Sprinkle top of sugar.

Bake 5 minutes.  Reduce heat to 375 and bake 30 to 35 minutes, or until muffins spring back when lightly touched with finger. ( or I used toothpick to see if it comes out clean.)

Bake 12 medium muffins or 8 jumbo.

2 comments:

Mark said...

Looks good and thanks for the recipe and I might want to try to make one someday :o) oxox

Deb said...

Mark..

You are very welcome and enjoy it! xoxox..