Thursday, September 30, 2010

Doughnut Muffins... Or ... Muffin Doughnuts

Helloooooooooo!

I wish we have "Smell-o-Vision" here.  You can smell the delicious Cinnamon Sugar Doughnut Muffins around my house.  Whoooo!  It smells like "Fall" because you can taste cinnamon sugar on top of the doughnut/muffins.  It's little bit heavy doughnut/muffin to eat'em.  Your taste buds can't choose which one it tastes like Doughnut......or Muffin...  I can't tell the difference.  One of my other taste bud says.. "It tastes like Doughnut" and the other of my taste bud said, "it tastes like muffin."

It's very tasty and easy to make. 

You can use regular cupcake pans or mini cupcake pans.  I used regular cupcake pans. ( I don't have mini ones )....  Enjoy ...

*puts my nose up in the air..... sniffs..... ah*.. MMMMmm good :D

























 
 
Recipe:  (PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE YOU START IT.)
 
1 3/4 cup flour
1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/3 cup oil
3/4 cup white sugar
1 whole egg
3/4 cup milk
 
For Topping:
 
1/4 cup butter
1/3 cup white sugar
1 Tablespoon cinnamon
 
Pre-heat 350...
 
Combine from baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg and set aside.
 
Mix oil, sugar, egg and milk,  then add dry ingredients.
 
Mix just until blended.
 
For regular size muffin pan - Spray muffin pans with no stick cooking pan and fill up each cup 1/2 full.  Bake for 15-20 minutes.  Yield 8 - 12 muffins. 
 
While the muffins are baking,  melt butter in one bowl.  Mix 1/3 cup sugar and 1 tablespoon cinnamon in another bowl.
 
Remove muffin from the oven,  let cool for just a minute or 2.  Remove from pan and place them on platter.  Dip a muffin in the melted butter and then roll in cinnamon sugar.
 
( I used to dip the top of the muffin to warm butter and then sprinkle cinnamon sugar on top of the muffin.)
 
Good Luck! :)
 
( I used paper cups to fill up instead of in pan.)

1 comment:

kym said...

Oh my gosh, my daughter and I made these a few months back and they were fantastic.

Enjoy!!