Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Hi! My name is...

There is something that bugs me big time.

I just wanted to say something and would love to hear your thoughts.

Yesterday, Daughter 1, Princess Zo and I went to the beach and had a great time.  There was a family coming in and set their things up.  Few hours later,  Zo kept checking at the little girls ... Oh, I would say they were about 5-7 years old.  The girls were playing in the sand.  I knew there was something going on in Zo's mind.  She walked to the girls and said, " Hi! My name is Zoey." Zo stood up so proud and very brave little girl.  She's only 4 yrs old. 

The girls looked up, shrugged and went back to play with sand.  They just ingored her.  ( it really broke my heart).. Zo did not come back to us.  She just stood there and watched them playing in the sand.  Few minutes later, Zo sat down and patted on the sand for little bit.  One girl just kinda brushed her off and the other girl came to her and took some of their sand toys away from Zo.  Zo wasn't touching anything except the sand.  I watched her very careful and can read her body expression.  ( Because, I'm deaf and can tell anything.)  Zo's body kinda sagged because she was very disspointed or hurt.  When the girls looked at her, Zo tried to smile.  Zo waved, Hi...

Nothing came out from the girls' mouth.  I watched their lips to see if they talked to her. 

None. 

My heart broke.

She is only 4 years old.

She tried to make friends.

Zo's face was sad....   I got up and went to her.  I asked her if she wanted to swim with me. 

Her eyes were so sad. Oh my gosh.

She was trying so hard and got up.

I told her to get her 'donut' float so that way, she can float by herself.  ( Of course, I was with her.)

She ran and got her float.  We swam for little bit.

I asked her if she had a good time.  She said,"Yes, MeMaw. I had FUN!"

She smiled so hard and you could see her gaps of her teeth that melted my heart.  She giggled, kissed me and hugged me so hard.  "I love you, MeMaw!", said Zo.

So, my thoughts about the girls and I have 2 daughters.  I taught them to be nice and share with them even they didn't want to share.  They shared their toys or anything.  They knew that they will get their toys back when they were done. 

I was wondering if their parent teach them to be nice to youngest or oldest kids if they come forward to them.  They would say, "Hi, My name is.... "

Or, Did their parent not teach them? 

It just bugs the hell out of me.

" Hi, My name is Debra."    I guess no one would leave a comment just like the girls. 

Hmm..


2 comments:

Sheree said...

Hi Debra, nice to meet you! *g*

How very sad for you're little one. I'm very sorry she experienced this and it's good that you will teach her how to respond to someone if they approach here with a greeting!

sawah02 said...

Hey Mawww!! I remember when that happened at the beach.. Zoey is ALWAYS friendly to other people no matter if they are men, women, or little kids.. Always willing to talk to them & always asks if she can be their friend. When she trys to wave or talk to someone and they dont respond back I do feel heart broken for her trying to be so nice to them! I just explain to her that some people arent very nice, but she needs to always be nice to other people no matter what. And yes you did teach me (D1) and D2 to always treat other people nice and Im greatful for that!! ILY!!